Tuesday 11 August 2009

Dirty Love

Dirty Love, C Soco (Venue 348) 20.00 5th - 31st August (£6.50 - £9.50)

Well. I really wasn't expecting that.

The show is opened by compere Eric Lampaert. I have to say, if nothing else takes your fancy, this lad will. He has such timing and talent that he really is worth the ticket price in itself. I personally believe that Lampaert is a name to remember.

Unfortunately, he is followed by the act Hello Lady. I really was not sure about this. A kind of surreal granny. The only way I could describe it is Catherine Tate's Nana being redone by the Boosh, but not effectively. I can't find her in the programme, and I didn't get to talk to her, so I have no idea of her real name or if she has another show. The thing is, just because I didn't get it doesn't mean to say others wouldn't. Mind, I'm not sure anyone there last night did.

After a bit more from Lampaert, on come Moonfish Rhumba (The Moonfish Rhumba Show, Gilded Ballon Teviot, 5th - 31st, 22.45). There is very little I can say except that I laughed so hard my stomach ached. There is such chemistry between these two guys and they use it. They perform a fusion of music and comedy that is original and intelligently written. I will be going to see their full hour at the Gilded Balloon.

There was just a bit more energy from Lampaert at the end and then, unfortunately, it was time to go. I could've quite happily managed another hour of that.

My vote: 4*


No comments:

Post a Comment