Sunday 2 August 2009

A new day, a new blog...

So, I'll begin by introducing myself. My name is Charly and I am a writer, lecturer and eternal student. I also have hankerings to give stand up a go, but maybe not right this minute.

This blog is to record the shows I see and the antics I get up to in Edinburgh this year. Usually, I keep a travel diary, however, this becomes slightly tough to decipher if I've been writing of an evening. Say after a few pints. And a pigeon kebab. Typing is much easier to correct and rectify in the morning light.

I'm leaving for Edinburgh on Thursday evening, and shall no doubt update right before I go. I tell you, I can't wait. This'll be my fifth or sixth year at the Fringe, it never gets stale, and that's what I love about it.

So, what to expect from this blog as the days wear on....

Mainly, honesty. All reviews and tales of raucous events (I can only hope!) will be true and honest. I won't lie, even if I'm friends with the lovely person doing the show.

If you read this, and fancy a review of your show, drop me a line. It'll cost you a ticket and that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment