Thursday 13 August 2009

I Wish I Could Be Like Andrew Watts

I Wish I Could Be Like Andrew Watts, C Soco (Venue 348) 22.00 5th - 31st August (not 17th) (£6.50 - £9.50)

What I liked best about this show was that it worked on so many levels. You do not have to be the world's greatest brain box to get the jokes, but if you are, you still won't be bored.

Andrew Watts is highly intelligent and this is a slick and structured comedy set. There is joke after joke coinciding with a constructed character arc that pushes a coherent narrative along.

Everyone in the audience was laughing throughout, but this was not all you took from the show. It also left you with some interesting ideas about the world we live in.

I did feel that there was some tightening of the script required in the middle section, which is why this isn't a five star performance, but it almost is.

Watts is incredibly funny and witty.

If you miss this show, Watts is also performing at the Free Festival (Watts & McCure Know The Score, Laughing Horse @ Meadow Bar, 17.25, 6th - 30th August, not 19th).

I highly recommend you go out of your way to catch this guy's performance. It really will be worth the time and effort.

My vote: 4.5*

No comments:

Post a Comment