Sunday 16 August 2009

Trying 2B Funny

I'm not putting up the show dates for this one as I attended on the very last night, but I still felt it was worth reviewing because you might be able to catch it in London town.

The show is performed by a group of teenagers aged 15 to 18 from a youth centre called Heatham House.

I do think this created a problem in the audience make up. I think a fair few people were there because they thought this would just be some cutesy show where teenage kids pretended to be comics.

The reality was a group of young adults that provided pretty fabulous and mature performances.

I think the audience was detrimental however, as quite a few of the performers seemed nervous, and the audience did too.

Everyone did well, that is Michael, Nathan, Phoebe, Chris, Morgan and Esther, but the show really was stolen by opening act Michael and closing act Esther.

It has to be said that each of the performers had strong, individual material and good delivery. Nathan particularly read the audience well. Phoebe and Esther had a well-written and nicely performed sketch. Chris had exceptionally nice material. Morgan, a brilliant delivery.

These guys are the comedians of the future. I would've given them a much higher rating had nerves not been on display, but that is something they can certainly improve upon in the future.

My vote: 3*

No comments:

Post a Comment